Dipartimento di Fisica Ettore Pancini
Università degli Studi di Napoli
Comp. Univ. M.S.Angelo, ed. 6
80126, Napoli, Italy
+39 081 676908
I am an experimental physicist active in high-energy physics. My main scientific interests are data analysis, statistical methods applied to physics and software development for scientific applications. I am Full Professor of Experimental Physics of Fundamental Interactions at University of Naples Federico II, Department of Physics Ettore Pancini, and I am associated to INFN Naples Unit.
I have been active on tests of the Standard Model and on the search for the Higgs boson. I have been CMS physics coordinator of the Italian community, convener of the single-top analysis group, member of the LHC top Working Group, and member of the CMS Statistics Committee.
I am member of the EU project Insights, a Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN network, and PI of the INFN Unit.
Past activitiesI participated in the BaBar experiment at SLAC, and in the L3 experiment at CERN's LEP collider.
- Practical Statistics, CERN-JINR European School of High Energy Physics 2016, Skeikampen, Norway
- Statistical methods for data analysis, course valid for PhD in Physics, Naples, 2013.
- Physics at LHC, references for PhD in Physics, Naples, 2012.
- IN2P3 School of Statistics 2012, Autrance, France, 28 May-1 June 2012
- Statistical methods in LHC data analysis, CERN, 2009.
- Object Oriented programming course for Computing Science
- Computing Technology courses